Job Title: CNC Programmer/Operator
Reports To: Tom Kliewer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Erin Holtzen
Prepared Date: 05/29/2015
Program and operate Mitsubishi LV Laser. Take direct responsibility for accurate production documentation. Drive continuous improvement for efficiencies during the manufacturing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Program and operate Mitsubishi LV Laser.
- Problem solve engineering issues.
- Seek and evaluate new technologies to improve manufacturing processes and reduce costs.
- Document fabrication run times.
- Read, understand, and follow the instructions prepared on cut list and shop drawings.
- Perform maintenance on Mitsubishi LV Laser.
- Reviews project instructions such as assembly layout, blueprints, and sketches, and confers with engineering personnel to clarify laser device specifications.
- Interprets production details such as dimensions and functional requirements.
- Installs and aligns optical parts such as mirrors and waveplates, in laser body.
- Turns controls of vacuum pump and gas transfer equipment to purge, evacuate, and fill laser body with specified volume and pressure of gases such as helium, neon, or carbon dioxide, to test laser beam.
- Assembles completed laser body in chassis, and installs and aligns electronic components, tubing, and wiring to connect controls such as valves, regulators, dials, and switches.
- Sets up precision electronic and optical instruments to test laser device.
- Tests laser for gas leaks.
- Analyzes test data and reports results to engineering personnel.
- Prepares and writes technical reports to recommend solutions to technical problems.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SolidWorks Design software.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to keep a clean work environment.
- Ability to identify problems and create solutions quickly.
- Flexible to changing direction in a fast paced work environment.
- Seeks advice when encountering new challenges from appropriate staff.
- Creative thinking.