Job Title: Construction Manager
Reports To: Parts and Service Manager
Plans, directs, and coordinates construction projects from conception to completion, ensuring that goals and objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Directs activities of sub-vendors for implementation of construction projects. Assists with oversight of the commissioning of new equipment upon completion of construction, for hand-off to owner.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Evaluate specifications, drawings, and proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
Direct supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications and drawings, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
Coordinate material deliveries and staging to suit construction schedules.
Prepare and review reports on progress, materials, costs, and adjust schedules as indicated.
Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site. Investigates damage, accidents, or delays to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
Act as spokesperson interfacing with client (owner) and subcontractors.
Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
Manage supervisory and engineering personnel, inspectors, and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
Prepare Scopes of Work for project bidding by Subcontractors.
Secure bids for construction projects.
Manage contracts with subcontractors.
Analyze, manage, and mitigate risks.
Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques, including compliance with local codes.
Oversee and document commissioning/start-up/testing of installed equipment to guarantee quality of construction.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Microsoft Project, ACAD, Gantt chart generation
Education and/or Experience
- BS degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or comparable Industrial Construction Supervision experience.
- Able to travel to remote jobsites for the duration of construction projects (50% of the time). (Typically 1-3 months total, with weekend returns home. Occasional weekend stays at jobsite).
- Knowledge of Industrial construction means and methods.
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders, scaffolding, stairs, work at elevated heights, work while wearing appropriate PPE, work in a variety of climates from outdoors to confined indoor spaces.
- Industrial settings, both indoors and out
- Portable office/construction trailer when stationed on a jobsite.
- Typical office setting when not dispatched to jobsite.