Job Title: Control Systems Developer
Reports To: Automation Manager
Contact: Erin Holtzen at email@example.com
The Controls Systems Developer will be responsible for developing software to control equipment and allow operators to interact and operate efficiently, with the use of (but not limited to) Allen Bradley PLC and Visualization software. This position will work with the Project Managers and Automation Designers to ensure that a usable and functional control system is supplied.
- Participate in kick-off meetings for preliminary manufacturing input regarding basic design principles and specific system operating concerns.
- Develop PLC and/or HMI code following Cyclonaire standards.
- Develop user manuals and other documentation pertaining to the control system functionality.
- Panel set-up and testing (IP addressing, I/O check-out).
- Perform I/O check out, start-up, and commissioning on-site.
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems.
- Involved in quality control to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Assist in updating Cyclonaire Automation Standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Rockwell software; RSLogix 500, 5000, Factory Talk View ME, SE Development software; HTML; Microsoft Office Suite; My SQL, Access, and/or other database software. Previous PLC and/or HMI software development preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Bilingual abilities are a plus and are welcomed. Strong knowledge and familiarity with industrial controls, including PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, and multiple field instrumentation devices.
Must be able to travel 20-35% of the time in the U.S. and abroad.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required
to stand; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.