Job Title: Lead Control Systems Developer
Reports To: Automation Manager
Cyclonaire is globally recognized in the engineering, manufacturing, and distribution of equipment used in the conveyance of dry bulk materials. We’re so great at moving dirt that business is booming, and that means we need more people! We’re looking for a Lead Control System Developer who will work out of our Lincoln, Nebraska office. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a 2-year technical degree with a focus on electrical or electrical-mechanical studies, and a minimum of 5-7 years of experience of automation programming.
- RSLogix 500
- Factory Talk View ME & SE
- Database building
- HTML or other languages is a plus and welcomed
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer relations
- Organizational skills
- Teamwork is a MUST
This position will require some travel, predominantly is the U.S., however, may require travel to exotic locations such as York, Neb.; Canada, Mexico, Europe, Australia, and China. You must be able to travel 20 – 30% of the time and be available as needed for customer support via phone. This position offers a competitive salary and two weeks’ paid vacation.
The Controls Systems Developer will be responsible for developing software to control equipment and allow operators to interact and operate efficiently, with the use of (but not limited to) Allen Bradley PLC and Visualization software. This position will work with the Project Managers and Automation Designers to ensure that a usable and functional control system is supplied. Position will be located in Lincoln, Nebraska with some travel to Cyclonaire headquarters in York, Nebraska.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in kick-off meetings for preliminary manufacturing input regarding basic design principles and specific system operating concerns.
- Develop PLC and/or HMI code following Cyclonaire standards.
- Develop user manuals and other documentation pertaining to the control system functionality.
- Panel set-up and testing (IP addressing, I/O check-out).
- Perform I/O check out, start-up, and commissioning on-site. Develops applications of controls, instruments, and systems.
- Involved in quality control to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Directs and coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Assists in updating Cyclonaire Automation Standards.
Education or Relevant Experience:
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, in addition to 5-years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.