Product Development Engineer
Product Development Engineer
REPORT TO: President
The Product Development Engineer will be tasked with creating/modifying designs and prototypes of new and existing products exclusive to the Cyclonaire brand. The position requires a “hands on” person who also has a balance of technical knowledge and analytical skills and is accustomed to changing priorities and rapidly evolving projects. He or she should be able to organize priorities, maintain focus on multiple objectives and take these projects through the full development cycle, collaborating closely with external stakeholders and cross functional teams. Requires strong knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD, as well as experience with design and development of new products. The Product Development Engineer will create a design using computer-aided design software and assist in the fabrication of prototypes for test and end-product. He or she will experiment and analyze different materials, manufacturing processes, design tolerances and other factors in the developmental process. Throughout the design process, the Product Development Engineer will communicate closely with other company departments to gather feedback and incorporate concerns into the concurrent design. After refining and reviewing initial designs, the Product Development Engineer will deliver specifications and procedures to the appropriate teams for execution of the product creation, testing, and market launch. The Product Development Engineer shall assume responsibility for the operation of an existing lab/demonstration facility as a resource for the development process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of engineering principles in solving moderately complex technical problems
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of product design and development
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of best in class (i.e., Stage & Gate) process to take product from concept to commercialization
- Plans, schedules and conducts all stages of product development projects
- Oversees, maintains, and schedules operation of the lab/demonstration facility
- Uses computer-aided design and engineering software (SolidWorks) to create product and tooling designs
- Independently tests, analyzes and solves technical problems
- Applies advanced statistical techniques and utilizes design of experiments
- Establishes product requirements based on customer needs; verifies design output meets design input
- Works independently to create design of multiple components, systems or devices
- Develop bill of materials and documentation related to new or changed designs
- Oversee the transition from design into production, including any necessary testing and training required for implementing new or changed designs
- Evaluate material selection, cost analysis, and vendors as required to implement new designs. Review, along with purchasing personnel, the selection and specification of new purchased component parts for product designs
- Oversee the prototyping and testing of new designs, including the interpretation of test results. Will be required to set up and run test equipment.
- Conduct and/or review the testing of new designs, interpreting test data and recommending and/or implementing necessary corrective action based on test data.
- Provide technical consultation internally to sales and marketing personnel and externally to customers
- Maintain close contact with the shop floor personnel throughout the design cycle; incorporating manufacturability feedback.
- Maintain accurate and current documentation on design changes and requests
- Participate in value engineering projects on an ongoing basis to continually improve designs and processes
- Manage multiple projects in accordance with predetermined completion date
- Creates documentation for products, tooling, and engineering specifications
- Collaborates with others in the company on research and development of new technology
Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline
- 2-3 years relevant experience in product design and development, with demonstrated ability to bring products from concept to market
- SolidWorks 3D CAD proficiency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Flexibility, persistence, resourcefulness, a drive to succeed, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Efficiency in the management of resources
- Collaborative and team motivated
- Goal and schedule focused
For conveying cement materials, go by the numbers.
Cyclonaire wins 2018 Pinnacle Award for Total Marketing Campaign
Change is in the air!