REPORT TO: Production Supervisor
The Production Painter’s primary responsibility is to provide a quality protective coating for all Cyclonaire equipment per the customer’s specification. They work with upstream and downstream processes to ensure a consistent production flow is maintained while holding accountability to Safety, Quality, and Delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the position
- Knows and follows all safety procedures.
- Prepare pieces for paint by washing and drying.
- Prime coats pieces to Cyclonaire and/or customer specifications.
- Finish coats pieces to Cyclonaire and/or customer specifications.
- Maintain a safe, organized, and clean work area (including wash bay, paint booth, kitchen, and inbound/outbound bays).
- Notify supervisor of supply inventory levels and maintain them.
- Inspect parts, before, during, and after painting for defects.
- Follows paperwork requirements (job packets, rework, SDS, time studies, etc.).
- Assists as needed in the production/assembly area.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exhibits and possess the ability to work well with others and maintain organization between cross-related departments.
- Displays the ability to multitask and handle multiple issues at the same time without stress.
- Desires to learn new skills, equipment, techniques, and processes.
- Understand and/or learn lean techniques (one piece flow, 5S, poke-a-yoke, etc.).
- Ability to operate a fork truck and pass fork truck safety presentation.
- Capable of understanding rigging safety procedures.
Education and Experience
Associates degree within auto body painting or equivalent. Two to three years’ experience is preferred.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs routinely and up to 100lbs. occasionally.
- Forklift license required.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.