REPORT TO: Support Services Manager
The Project Manager will lead individual projects from the detail design, manufacturing, shipping, and installation/commissioning processes through full project closure. The Project Manager prepares and manages detailed time-based plans, resource alignment plans, and risk management plans to ensure high quality customer solutions are delivered per prescribed requirements. The Project Manager facilitates communication amongst project stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are completed on time and within budget, including customer specified milestones and metrics. The Project Manager maintains a portfolio of multiple projects.
- Support application engineering project preparation activities including alignment of project plans to quotation details, system sizing and calculations, and scope of work determinations
- Participate in kick-off meetings and coordinate with other design entities to ensure project goals are known.
- Manage project workflow to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Ensure project stays within budget.
- Requisition and Track materials to ensure availability at time of manufacture.
- Manage drawing approval process to ensure all project drawings are presented to customer and approved.
- Manage project schedule to ensure timely drawing completion, material sourcing, fabrication scheduling, testing scheduling, shipment, installation/commissioning, and full project closure.
- Direct Engineering Designers throughout the design process to ensure proper equipment functionality.
- Check and approve all top level customer drawings to ensure equipment functionality as required by project contract including:
- Process flow rates
- Weighing accuracies (as required)
- Accuracy/Detail of pneumatic feed circuits
- Operating and Maintenance Access to equipment
- Venting/filtration needs satisfied
- Structural support of equipment
- Instrumentation selection/identification
- Utility requirements identified
- Overall size requirements met
- Coordinate Mechanical and Electrical project designers to ensure common understanding of Automation and instrumentation needs.
- Coordinate Automation programmers to ensure that process control/sequencing requirements are clearly identified and implemented. Support the revision of sequence of Events documentation and Theory of Operation documentation.
- Coordinate final acceptance and closure of the project.
- Work with customer and 3rd party entities as necessary to support the project. (This may include providing information for Environmental Permitting, Equipment loads, Shipment planning, Plant Layout Design, etc…)
- Ensure all Project Specifications are identified and implemented by Cyclonaire…special tagging, documentation, etc…
- Write user manuals and documentation for custom projects (as required).
- Strong organizational skills, to maintain project goals.
- Communication skills to work with design engineering and customers, while maintaining common focus and developing solutions to meet design and delivery needs.
- Attention to details
- Time management skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with pneumatic conveying process requirements.
- Strong understanding of pneumatic circuits
- Strong understanding of mechanical design (structural, pressure vessels, piping loads…)
- Ability to interpret and create Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
- Ability to work with AutoCAD files
- Must be able to travel for extended periods of time to ensure successful installation and testing of project equipment
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external resources.
Training / Experience:
The successful candidate will have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Construction Management
Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), CRM Systems, Workflow proficiency, SolidWorks or other CAD software.
- Working knowledge of Cyclonaire products in order to offer system design recommendations to customers and other Cyclonaire staff.
- Working knowledge of Cyclonaire business systems and phone system desired.
- Professional in manner and appearance.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload while meeting critical timelines with high expectations from internal and external customers.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with customer’s staff on a professional level, exercising tact and discretion. This includes clear communication of complex information via both verbal and written communication.
- A valid driver license is necessary coupled with a driving record that permits the use of company automobiles.
- Familiarity with Lean Enterprise techniques desired
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Project Management role preferred. PMP/PRINCE II certification a plus
- Requires frequent fingering, grasping, feeling, and talking, hearing and repetitive motions. Requires occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting. Work requires constant visual ability. Work requires lifting of components that weigh 20+ pounds.
- Work safely and respect PPE requirements following Cyclonaire safety policies.
Typical office setting, at the York facility when not traveling to customer sites.