Job Title: Regional Sales Manager
Department: Sales and Marketing
Reports To: Director of Sales
Manages sales of the company’s products and services within a defined geographic area. Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of area sales representatives. Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet websites, and other sources.
- Travels through assigned territory to make sales presentations, solicit orders, and/or call on sales representatives and established /prospective customers.
- Displays or demonstrates product emphasizing unique and salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Evaluates and implements appropriate new sales techniques to increase the region’s sales volume.
- Reviews existing plant machinery layout and draws diagrams of proposed machinery layout to effect more efficient space utilization.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
- Arranges for installation of machinery.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.