Sr. Application Engineer
REPORT TO: V.P. Sales & Marketing
The Application Engineer will guide individual projects through the proposal-bid phase. Multiple projects will be handled simultaneously. The Application Engineer will work with an Industry Sales Manager (Sector Specialist) and/or manufacturer’s representative to design and size pneumatic convey systems and assist the Sales Manager with equipment expertise when needed.
- Review new RFQ’s for suitability to Cyclonaire’s strengths.
- Test, evaluate and organize material data.
- Assist customers, Sector Specialists and outside sales representatives.
- Design and size system to fit desired rates and material being transported.
- Complete job costing forms, write full proposals and budgetary quotes.
- Source vendor quotes as needed.
- Review terms and enter an order.
- Participation in kick-off meetings and coordinate with other design entities to ensure project goals are known.
- Ensure all Project Specifications are identified and implemented by Cyclonaire…special tagging, documentation, etc…
- Assist with developing quoting tools. (i.e. configurators, pricing, etc.)
- Enter new opportunities into CRM system if needed.
- Work with Project Managers to define scope of supply as needed during after sales activities
- Define deliverables required by customer for successful completion of project
- Coordinate between customer and Project management when needed
- Responsible for process improvement projects to increase quality and delivery of proposals send from all Application Engineers
- Responsible for upkeep and development of Cyclonaire quoting software for use by other Application Engineers
- Assist with startup in extreme situations
- Assist with requisitioning long lead items parts
- Strong organizational skills, to maintain project goals.
- Communication skills to work with engineering and customers, while maintaining common focus and developing solutions to meet design and delivery needs.
- Attention to details
- Time management skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with pneumatic conveying process requirements.
- Strong understanding of pneumatic circuits
- Strong understanding of mechanical design (structural, pressure vessels, piping loads…)
- Ability to draw P&ID documents using AutoCAD
- Ability to work with AutoCAD files
- Must be able to travel for to assist with sales functions when necessary
- Have a professional personality and the ability to maintain relationships both internally with co-workers and teams and externally with customers.
Training / Experience:
The successful candidate will have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Construction Management