Job Title: Strategic Marketing Manager
Contact: Erin Holtzen at email@example.com
The Strategic Marketing Manager will be the advocate for Cyclonaire, and have deep understanding of all activities within the Powder & Bulk solids industry. S/He will be responsible and accountable for the performance of his/her marketing initiatives and any other task assigned by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build and optimize annual marketing strategy, budgets and campaign plans (overall business roadmap).
- Oversee and manage day-to-day marketing performance to ensure favorable performance.
- Dynamically manage advertising spend across multiple marketing channels to maximize ROI.
- Build monthly marketing plans based on prior month and trending performance and allocate marketing spend.
- Direct new program launches.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Work closely with all Cyclonaire departments to represent Cyclonaire.
- Communicate a thorough knowledge of product information, marketing initiatives, market research, and future challenges.
- Direct the development of strategic marketing plans. Present the plan to Cyclonaire management and implement and ensure appropriate follow-up.
- Develop robust reporting dashboards to manage performance.
- Provide regular reporting to senior management.
- Perform company/product/industry analysis with a deep understanding of customer demographic and psychographic information.
- Successfully position products within the competitive material handling market.
- Defining new industry needs and work with company to integrate (programs, program names, price points and product features where able to do so).
- Understand the needs of customers within their industry and work with the Cyclonaire team to build creative messaging strategy that resonates with target.
- Prioritize development plans that impact their businesses.
- Manage IT and operations projects specific to his/her business.
- All additional duties and responsibilities to manage his/her business to success.
- Evaluates and recommends distribution channel development programs.
- Determines agencies and suppliers of record, and negotiates contract terms and conditions for major services.
- Serves as liaison with outside agencies on ongoing promotional campaigns.
- Oversees development and production of promotional and collateral materials.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Monitors competitive products and marketing activities while coordinating counter measures to these competitor’s actions.
- Oversees development and maintenance of customer database.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners.
- Resolves conflicts and facilitates changes in structure of marketing group to ensure objective fulfillment and swift response to marketing problems and opportunities.
- Conducts marketing surveys on current and new product concepts, and provides feedback for future product development.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
Project management experience is a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or other related specialization; 8-10 years of experience within a variety of marketing roles.
Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point & Word. Adobe InDesign.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Deep understanding of digital marketing and latest technological trends in marketing.
Material Handling industry experience is preferred.
Strong skills in research, analytics and building reports.
Must be able to analyze data and identify key trends and performance drivers/inhibitors.
Understanding of integrated marketing; how various offline/online and brand/direct response channels work together.
Strong brand messaging and creative experience; understands how to develop brand messaging strategy and execute through all marketing channels.
Proven experience using customer segmentation to drive successful campaigns.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Experience presenting to senior management.
Able to shift thinking frequently from high-level strategic decisions to detailed tactical decisions.
Must be highly organized and proactive; self-motivated.