Cyclonaire's state-of-the-art technology demonstration and system proving facility, CycloTech, provides full scale testing of dry bulk materials in semi-dense, dense and dilute phases, in vacuum, pressure and combined vacuum-pressure modes. For more information on our material testing services, we encourage you to download our eBook, The Benefits of Material Testing with Cyclonaire.
- Configurations: CycloTech can simulate transfer to/from rail cars, silos and bulk bags, in-plant processing, bulk storage or transport, in addition to weighing, batching, and blending processes. Multiple sources and destinations are possible.
- Advantages: The advantage of CycloTech is the ability to ensure the customer's equipment will handle the target rate, air usage, convey pressure, degradation requirements and other important parameters without risking capacity or extra capital investment.
- Equipment: The facility includes convey line lengths up to 1137 feet with line diameters of 2 1/2, 3,4,5,6 and 8 inches. Conveyor units range from one to 75 cubic feet. A bulk bag unloader, multiple low pressure blowers, a high volume 100 PSIG compressor, hoppers, filter receivers, and dust collection round out the key hardware lineup.
- Protocols: All tests begin with computerized material analyses including automatic sieve analysis, bulk density, moisture content, and particle surface characterization. A convey setup is then devised to simulate the customer's target application.
- Data Capture: CycloTech's process controls allow evaluation of convey variables in real-time. Additionally, an air management system ensures stable and reliable transfer while allowing automatic switching between multiple sources and destinations as typical with scale, batch, and blend conveying.
- Reporting: Captured data includes average and instantaneous material and air flows, cycle times, conveyed weights, and pressure requirements.